You can start selling to your customers by creating a Pass in Barkpass.
To create a Pass, Go to Passes > Create.
Barkpass offers two types of passes:
If your organization operates on an annual model, where you send all customers a renew reminder at the same time with updated prices and guidelines, a one-time pass is ideal.
If your organization operates on a more fluid model, where customers sign up on a monthly or annual basis and renew at different times every year, a recurring membership is ideal.
Once you create the pass, you will not be able to change this setting.
Pass Approval Flow
Price Levels and Conditions
Next, you must add at least one price level to your pass. This defines how much your customers will pay for your pass.
You can add as many price levels as you want to your pass. You can also define optional price conditions for each one of your price levels to prevent customers from selecting a price level unless they are eligible.
Barkpass offers the following price conditions:
- Resident: User's city and state must match the city and state of your organization.
- Non-Resident: User's city or state does not match the city and state of your organization.
- Altered: The pet must have proof of alteration.
- Unaltered: The pet does not have proof of alteration.
- Cat: The pet must be a cat.
- Dog: The pet must be a dog.
- Service Animal: The pet must have proof of service animal eligibility.
- New Pet: The pet must be new to your organization, without any existing passes or tags.
- Additional Pet: This pet must be additional to an existing pet. Note: When multiple purchases are disabled, pets included in other applications for the same pass are considered to be existing pets.
When adding a price level, you must add a title and a price. You may enter a $0 price if you don't require payment for a given price level.
For recurring memberships, you must select either Monthly or Annual pricing for each membership.
When customers register for a pass on Barkpass, they will be prompted to select a price level from a list of price levels for which they are eligible. The first eligible price level will be automatically selected for them.
If customers go back and edit a pet's information or provide more documentation before checkout, additional eligible price levels may be presented to them. If customers select a price level for which they are no longer eligible after providing additional information, Barkpass will ask them to select an eligible price level before completing checkout.
Restricting Price Levels to Admins
You can restrict price levels to admins for in-person transactions and prevent online buyers from selecting them. Learn more.
If your organization requires a valid proof of documentation, like proof of distemper, for all pets before completing checkout, you can select required documents in your pass settings.
Learn more about Managing Required Documents.
Learn more about Required Passes.
Waiver and Terms & Conditions
You can assign a waiver or terms & conditions text which a buyer must agree to before purchasing your pass.
Once you create a pass, it will be saved as a draft.
When you are ready to sell your pass to customers, you can Publish the pass under the pass's settings.
If you want to hide your pass from customers and prevent sales, you can Archive the pass.
You can Unarchive archived passes at any time to start selling them to customers again.