Barkpass allows you to import existing customer data into your organization so your users don't have to create accounts and pets from scratch.
Visit your Organization Settings Imports page to get started.
Upload a CSV or Excel file to perform an import.
Note: some columns are required.
- email (required)
- name (required)
- state (must be abbreviation, e.g. IA for Iowa)
- pet_name (required, if providing pet data)
- pet_type (required, if providing pet data)
- pet_birthday (formatted YYYY-MM-DD)
- pass_expires_at (formatted YYYY-MM-DD) (required, if providing tag_number)
- custom_pet_* (see Importing Custom Fields)
- custom_user_* (see Importing Custom Fields)
- Existing users are matched based on email.
- New users are created with a random password, and users can log in using the Reset Password functionality.
- Existing pets are matched based on pet_name.
- pet_name, pet_type, and pet_breed_1 are required fields if you are adding or updating a pet
- To import a pass, provide a pass_expires_at column
- If no pass exists with the valid_until date matching that column, a new one will be created for you.
- You can update the auto-generated name after running the import.
- To import a tag for a pet, you can add a tag_number column
- You can import more than one tag (e.g. for a different pass). To do so, repeat the row in your data source with the required information for the user and pet.
Importing Custom Fields
- To import custom fields for a pet or user, prefix the name of the custom field with pet_custom_ (for pets) or user_custom_ (for users)
- The name of your field should be lowercase with underscores _ separating words
- For example, if your custom field is named Microchip ID, its full pet custom field column would be pet_custom_microchip_id.
- If the field does not yet exist for your organization, it will be created. You can always change the name later.
Deleting imported data
If you've made a mistake or your import has issues, contact us at [email protected] and we can help clean things up.